[Zope] newbie troubles--apache/zope behind firewall

Rebecca Elder sharpscissor@yahoo.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:51:46 -0800 (PST)

As a brand spanking new Zopist I'm having no luck
getting my Zope
going behind firewall with virtual hosting. I've been
through this
list and zope.org resources and tried most of the code
snippets I've
come across and I'm feeling discouraged--I hope you
can help, I would
really appreciate it.

Here's the info to give you an idea; I'm not trying to
do anything fancy here--

My webserver has an external IP 206.129.200.138 (where
Dotster dns is pointed) and internal IP 192.168.1.20

The site I want to host is www.plecouncil.org in Zope
folder PLE. It
appears that I need Apache but I'm not sure if I need
mod proxy,
rewrite rules, or both. I gather that I should use a
virtualhostmonster in the zope root folder. I'm not
clear on how to
get the external IP connected to the internal IP and
then the Apache
server to the Zope server. I wouldn't mind doing
without Apache, but
I think I need it to the negotiate the firewall,
right?

----------------
LoadModule proxy_module modules/apachemoduleproxy.dll
LoadModule rewrite_module
modules/apachemodulerewrite.dll

Port 80

#same as A record name-correct? or should be internal
or ext. IP?
ServerName webserver.plecouncil.org
#
#website is the name of my zope folder
DocumentRoot "c:/program files/website"

#I'm not sure which IP to use--external, right?
NameVirtualHost 206.129.200.138

      <VirtualHost 206.129.200.138>
        ServerName www.plecouncil.org
        DocumentRoot c:/program files/WebSite
        <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
          RewriteEngine On
          RewriteLog "/var/log/apache/rewrite_log"
          RewriteLogLevel 1
          RewriteRule ^/local/ - [ L ]
          RewriteRule ^/icons/ - [ L ]
          RewriteRule ^/~(.*) - [ L ]