[Zope] newbie troubles--apache/zope behind firewall

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:15:59 -0800

What you need is this:

Firewall with port forwarding
Zope with a vhm

You may want:

Apache - some claim it is more robust at serving web pages than zopes http
server

Without Apache:
Setup your firewall to forward IP 206.129.200.138, port 80 to 192.168.1.20,
port whatever your zope server is running on - 8080 by default.  You can
override this in z2.py.  No need for zope to know anything about your
external IP.

Install a vhm from the enhanced site access product, v. 2, into the root of
your install.  Within the vhm, click on the Edit tab, and read the example
docs to setup the vhm.  It's a really simple, two field form to fill out.
The first field is your URL, www.plecouncil.org, the second is the path,
/PLE.

Thanks it!

Scott