[Zope] folder url should end in /

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:21:23 +0100

Hi!

> I know that Zope adds a <base href="..."> when there is an html head
> section, but is the head section required?

If there's no head, it is no valid HTML, which is ... not so good ...

The base href is quite useful for Zope being able to handle relative URLs
correctly, so I'd try to use it.

> I notice that Apache, when a bare folder is requested, comes
> back with the folder with the trailing slash automatically.
> Is there a reason why Zope does not do this? Should I just be
> educating the newbie html coders, or is this a bug?

It is definitely no bug. And if you let Zope set its base href, the problem
will not occur anyway. Correct HTTP would always be to use the trailing
slash. Most servers will accept the URL without the slash and try to find a
folder with that name, but that takes extra time.

Joachim