[Zope] opinion: Komodo as an IDE for Zope work.

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
19 Dec 2001 10:54:39 +0000

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 05:00, Warren Postma wrote:
> I tried using Komodo as and IDE for ZOPE today, and it has a remote-files
> option (ftp, port 8021), and I can get my Zope Script Methods, but since
> they appear as "MyMethod" in ftp, not "MyMethod.py", they don't get syntax
> highlighted or anything else, so Komodo basically is a "notepad.exe with ftp
> capabilities" when used with Zope. Is that all there is?

View -> View as lanuage -> Python will sort out your highlighting
problems.

Apparently you can use komodo to debug zope, although the examples
(which I've only glanced at) are for external methods and dtml (I
think).

There's also WingIDE.

I use emacs.  It highlights syntax, can do ftp, steps through my code
when debugging, autopreviews html, and writes python products
automatically while making coffee.

> Can anyone tell me of a decent syntax highlighted Python editor with better
> Zope support?

What do you mean exactly by 'better zope support'?

seb