[Zope] Gettin gZMySQLDA to work on win98

Eric Casteleijn eric@codenamefuture.nl
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:43:47 +0100

I'm an experienced programmer just starting with zope, running into big
trouble getting Zope an MySQL to work on my win98 test-/dev-box.

I think the mySQL install is fine, since i tested it with the client that
came with it. The Zope install works fine too (i tried both 2.2.5 and
2.3.0). After installing the ZMySQLDA Product, (following the necessary
steps for winxx closely.), my Zope-process crashes with a windows-error when
i:

1) try to add a database connection
2) try to open a database connection
3) try a test query on a database connection
4) sometimes even when i try to visit the man. screen in my browser.

It may have to do with using an incorrect connection string (i'm new to
MySQL too), but am i wrong in thinking that even that should not cause
win-errors?

Also is it me or are the winxx installation how-tos and readmes all telling
me different things? (Esp. regarding where to put the .dll and the .pyd)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i feel quite low on zope-zen at
this point.

eric

P.S. I already put this question to zopezen.org. Someone there suggested i
mail it to this list.

eric casteleijn

eric@codenamefuture.nl
t 070 302 47 81