[Zope] KDE's Konqueror

Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:26:57 +0000

>>> "Geoffrey L. Wright" wrote
> It is a pig, though.  I have LinuxPPC running on a G4 450, and it does
> really well there.  But my primary development box at work is a PII
> 350, and Mozilla on that box is frustratingly slow to start.

I have to respond to this, because it's a pretty common complaint.

Mozilla's not quite yet at version 0.8. If you look at the roadmap,
now's when the optimisation type stuff starts getting done - most, if
not all, of the feature work is now done. So I'd expect to see it
get way faster, real soon. Whether Netscape should have based their
6.0 browser on the version they did is questionable - Mozilla's roadmap
advises 0.9 for people who are wanting to base browsers on their code.

Me, I haven't used anything but Mozilla regularly for several months -
I can't stand using NS4 any more (aiaiiaiee the banner ads burn my eyes!)

Anthony