[Zope] Newbie Alert how to make Zope work off line

Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:54:27 +0000

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:08:08 +0100,
stefano.ciccarelli@thewhitebird.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to know if there is any way to run Zope without being=20
>connected to the Internet. It would be very useful to me to minimise=20
>connection time, since I have a dial up connection home.

Zope doesnt need an internet connection, if you will be running the
browser on the same machine as Zope.

>I am running Zope 2.2.5 on Win 95. My Internet connection uses DHCP=20

Add to your z2.py command line:

-X -a 127.0.0.1 -w 8080 HTTP_HOST=3Dlocalhost:8080

Assuming theres only you access this Zope, then you dont need Zope's
default level of concurrency. If you find Zope is using alot of memory
then you might benefit from adding:=20

-t 1

I hope this helps,

Toby Dickenson