[Zope] MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.

Donald Braman donald.braman@yale.edu
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:08:53 -0500

Hello!

I'm in a situation that I'm sure many are familiar with...choosing between
MySQL or PostgreSQL. My main goals are stability under high load and ease of
use. I don't need transactions. I know the standard comparison: MySQL is
faster, simpler, and more popular, while PostgreSQL is slower but is more
fully SQL standards based, handles transactions, etc. Are these generally
accurate descriptions?

I'm wondering what people who have used either (or both!) think about using
these (or other databases) in conjunction with Zope. Are there any special
cases where one or the other works better or worse with Zope?

Donald Braman
donald.braman@yale.edu