[Zope] command line Zope?

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:08:49 -0500

I'm trying to roll out Zope for wide usage and
one of the things users want already is a
command line interface to Zope.  At first, I
thought that it was a silly request, but the
more I think about it, the more I like it.

In order to provide this, I need a way to run
Python such that it connects to the ZODB
(perhaps requiring ZEO?) and gives the user
access to the database only as a specified
user (with the option of manually
authenticating to receive additional roles).

Is this easy to do?  Has it already been done?
I read about importing  Persistence and ZODB,
but I'm clueless about setting up a user's
environment in Python.

Any pointers to appropriate documentation will
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

--kyler