[Zope] command line Zope?

Roberto Lupi Roberto@lupex.net
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:20:45 +0100

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 09:08:49AM -0500, Kyler B. Laird wrote:

> I'm trying to roll out Zope for wide usage and
> one of the things users want already is a
> command line interface to Zope.  At first, I
> thought that it was a silly request, but the
> more I think about it, the more I like it.
>
> In order to provide this, I need a way to run
> Python such that it connects to the ZODB
> (perhaps requiring ZEO?) and gives the user
> access to the database only as a specified
> user (with the option of manually
> authenticating to receive additional roles).
>
> Is this easy to do?  Has it already been done?

ZPublisher.Client is perfect to build python apps which interact with a Zope
server. Naturally, ZPublisher.Client uses Zope security infrastructure.

If you need _direct_ _interactive_ access to a Zope server, you can use the
Medusa monitor service to connect to your ZServer and access it like a
python interpreter. I don't know if you can restrict the access to the
Medusa monitor, IIRC it asks you for your superuser password by default.

--
Roberto Lupi