[Zope] Dowloading images from another site with external method?

Etienne Labuschagne etiennel@geospace.co.za
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:09:55 +0200

Hi all

I have an external Python method in Zope that accesses a map server through
an ActiveX connector.  This map server creates a map and gives me the URL
where I can download the map eg.
"http:\\www.mysite.com\images:8081\img1234545.png"

I want to download this image with the method, put it in a folder on my Zope
server's disk, do some image processing with PIL and then upload it into my
Zope site.

My problem is that I don't know how to download the image from the URL
above!  I can have zope display it from that address, but that won't work as
the map server eventually deletes the rendered maps (also I want to edit it
first) I cannot use ftplib as the map server does not handle ftp requests,
only http.  I don't know how to use the httplib (or whatever) to download
that image to my disk.

Any help?

Thanks
Etienne