[Zope] Did I miss some major change in Z SQL Methods ?

peter bengtson peter@grenna.net
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:29:56 -0000

Curtis,
Doing Z SQL Methods (SELECT) is really easy with DTML.
When you've got a working example of it in DTML, then we can perhaps help
you to convert that into Python Method code.

Cheers, Peter

> On Thursday 25 January 2001 16:50, Evan Simpson wrote:
> > From: "Curtis Maloney" <curtis@cardgate.net>
> >
> > > A Z SQL Method ( Returner.sql.getDetails )
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > <dtml-with "Returner.getDetails(Returner, User=12)">
> > >   <dtml-var fieldName>
> > > </dtml-with>
> >
> > You want either:
> >
> > <dtml-in "Returner.getDetails(Returner, User=12)">
> >   <dtml-var fieldName>
> > </dtml-in>
> >

> No...if you'd paid attention, the Returner.getDetails() is a python method
> that calls Returner.sql.getDetails() and does the [0] slicing.
>
> Besides, I've also tried ditching the Python Method, and doing the slicing
in
> my DTML, and it STILL doesn't work.  This is what has me so confused.
Even