[Zope] Another Zope in the wild - Anarchy Online

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Sun, 01 Jul 2001 17:38:59 -0400

> From: Bill Anderson <bill@libc.org>
>
> Actually, if you look at it, NS 4.x follows more standards. IE made it's
> popularity by ignoring invalid HTML. The big, big, problem people have
> with Netscape's handling of *HTML* is that it will quite often not
> render incomplete table definitions. Just as it should be.

The big problem I have with NS4 is that it doesn't not render complete table
definitions, if they're nested too deeply.  And it does not deal with CSS
correctly.

In fact, there are so many bugs with this browser, there are piles of
websites dedicated to it (google returned 150,000 hits for 'netscape 4 bug
list').  For example:
http://www.richinstyle.com/bugs/netscape4.html
http://www.wowwebdesigns.com/power_guides/worst_nightmare.php
http://developer.netscape.com/support/bugs/known/css.html

> Other than that, it does have nasty issues with javascript. Though, in
> fairness there are a lot of cross-browser libraries that handle most of
> the differences.

Can you provide some pointers for some good ones?