[Zope] beginner / lack of documentation

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:13:28 +0200

> Am Montag,  2. Juli 2001 14:54 schrieben Sie:
> > Responsible; please don't say that you can do this and that with the
was
> > invented. No matter how smart and educated Zope software engineers and
web
> > programmers are, they are still very lazy and wants to be treated like
> > babies.
>
> Here I don't agree. It would be OK for me to use the advanced search if I
> only want to find documents in a special area, for example in the "Site
> Developer-HowTos". But this isn't possible with the advanced search
either -
> or I was to silly to find it...

"it would be OK"
Just like saying that "boo.com could be a success" ... "...if people took
the time to enjoy technical problems and enjoy not finding content".

No matter what is sensible, people are going to dismiss it if it ain't
easily usable.
choices and descisions.

Honestly: I use the advanced search on zope.org and I think it is very
usable. Good work!
Bad example is my own site: http://www.peterbe.com/web/search (I keep it for
the moment, it's done by Atomz)

The search algorithm is also part of the usability issue here. Wikis should
get second place in the search results, and when you click on a match, you
should see your word highlighted like it happens on the zope mailinglist
archive at NIP
(http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm)

Perhaps even incorporate some of that google magic? Making some pages more
likely to match because other pages link to it (i.e. like it).

Am I asking too much?
(no)

Peter