XML-RPC vs. ZClient vs. ZEO (Was Re: [Zope] MSAccess)

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 21:32:31 +0100

--On 02 July 2001 17:07 +0100 Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:

> Loren Stafford wrote:
>>
>> While I've read on this mailing list that there are some Linux ODBC
>> drivers, I have no experience with them. What I do is run a Zope
>> installation on one of the Windows machines, which can access the
>> MSAccess DB with the Windows ODBC. Then the Linux Zope gets the data
>> from the Windows Zope using some form of RPC, such as Client.py
>> (http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/ZClientMethod) or XML-RPC (which I
>> have not tried).
>
> We need something similar, so we're going with a ZEO setup with the
> storage server and the web-serving client on a Linux box and another ZEO
> client running on a Windoze box doing what it needs to...

Sorry if it's a "how long is a piece of string" question but, in general,
is there likely to be any performance benefits over using one of these
approaches over another?

Continually amazed at Zope's versatility,

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/