[Zope] Propietary software with Zope.

J. Cone jcone@g8labs.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:44:28 +0100

The original questioner needed the users of the system to be able to
develop their own software, so I think that precludes this security-based
model.

I will have the same question eventually, because the server will live in a
security domain I don't control.  My customer will have root access to the
machine, and I may want to discourage them from reading the swearing in the
comments in my code :-)

At 05:37 10/07/01 GMT, zope@zope.org wrote:
>Besides all the legalese which, of course applies here and can or can-not
be enforced, I am talking about "closed source" here, this is the scenario:
I do not want other branches/offices that do have Zope installed and due to
the current requirements have manage access (they have their own in-house
development) to see our code.

>The need is to put our code in those Zope's but we don't want them to see,
access or modify the code. Of course, pure python (or "C" for that matter)
is a possible answer but my question goes directly on how to keep code
within the Zope environment, closed. I am sure many people are interested
in this topic. I also know it is kinda contradictory with the overall Zope
concept but, the terms are what I just described. How would you solve it ?
Any comments or ideas ?