[Zope] POST to zope

Paz paz@chello.nl
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:37:16 +0200

Thomas,

ROTFLOL, My site already is littered with too many of those. I'm always
amused by my higher-ups saying 'Its a great site but I would take out all of
that strange stuff at the bottom, it doesnt make sense'. Then you explain
that its jyust a debug tool and you show them the magic button in your
interface that turns it off....

But, REQUEST.form and REQUEST dont include header information except for the
type of header in REQUEST. I have the feeling that this is something to do
with the header and its originator. But, I'm no expert in these things, so I
paste together everything people mention in this.

Cheers,
Paz a.k.a Paul Zwarts

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Thomas B. Passin
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 5:41 PM
To: Zope
Subject: Re: [Zope] POST to zope

[Paul Zwarts]

> Great Steve,
> Thanks for the wonderfull suggestions. I'm now resinspired to check this
> out.
>
> The <dtml-if> was only an example of a form in Zope. We will check into
your
> hypothetical question regarding Shockwave's awareness.

You definitely want to find out what Zope is receiving in the form.  That's
if Zope ever gets the form.  In the NS problem I mentioned, Zope doesn't
respond to the form until you click on the NS title bar, but when it gets it
everything is normal after that.

If you are getting the POSTed form at all, the first thing to do is to look
at it:

<dtml-var "REQUEST.form">

Then you will know if you are getting what you expected.

Cheers,

Tom P