[Zope] safe strings in calling SQL

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud@xs4all.nl
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:03:15 GMT

Hi,

I am implementing a search form where some strings will be used in SQL
methods.
I does not seem to be very safe to use a construct like

select record
from table
where field like "%<dtml-var string_from_form>"

because of the obvious hack where somebody fills in a string like:
bla"; drop table important_table;

Zope does contain some features where I can limit the imput to fields
in forms, but the users really want to search for a string value.
Is there any product for this?
(Zope 2.3.3 on FreeBSD 4.2 connecting to PostgreSQL 7.1)

--=20