byteserving vs. Adobe plugin (was Re: [Zope] kludge around byteserving problem (2.4))

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:41:11 -0500

I found that by disabling HTTPRangeSupport.optimizeRanges()
I can keep Zope from messing with the desired ranges as
sent by the Acrobat plugin.

This still didn't fix my problem, so I ended up commenting
out the "Accept-Ranges" headers and disabling the "if
range is not None:" block in OFS/Image.py.

I suggest that if you are serving up PDF files from Zope,
you do this too.  If you don't usually use the Acrobat
_plugin_ you might not notice that some users can not see
your content.

I'm not sure what the incompatibility is now.  I'm giving
up on it for awhile (so my eyes can get back into
alignment - too much staring at trace dumps).

--kyler