[Zope] &dtml-???

Charlie Blanchard charlie@blanchardsite.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:28:17 -0700

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:42:35AM -0700, Chris Bruce wrote:
> I noticed some  calls to &dtml-xxxx.  I haven't really seen it before
> and still learning zope.  Can anyone answer the following:
>
> What is the "&dtml-" syntax?  What is it used for?  Is there any
> reference to it?

While demoing at our LosAngelesZopeUsersGroup meeting last nite,
Kapil pointed out the lonely little help link in the upper right
hand corner of the zope management interface screen. He noted
that it is chock full of really help-ful stuff and that few seem
to use it...

If you click on that help link and browse to "Zope Help" then
"DTML Reference" then "var" you will find your answer:

"""
var tag entity syntax:

      &dtml-variableName;

Entity syntax is a short cut which HTML quotes the variable. It
is useful when inserting
variables into HTML tags.
"""

Learning to trust the built in help will save you lots of
frustration, it won't get you *all* the answers but is usually a
great place to start.

hth,
--
charlie blanchard