[Zope] Using Zope

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:46:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Jen wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I've been given the task of exploring the use of Zope for a department that we support.  I have just been going through some of the manuals and online documentation.  The creation of pages seems very basic and understandable from my viewpoint.  However, the material I have found doesn't seem to address the use of Zope by non-HTML/basic scripting literate people (or at least how to develope a framework for non-web literate people to use).  The department that we have in mind couldn't tell a <p> tag from an <ol> tag.  They have only ever used a WYSIWYG interface.  My question is, does anyone know where I can find information or a "tutorial" on how to create a framework like this?  So that your average secretary can just update the actual text of the page much like in a WYSIWYG editor fashion?  Or are we better suited by a different product?

Two different scenarios:

* Zope can upload/download document via WebDAV and FTP, and there
are free add-ins that will let someone design a web page in FrontPage or
DreamWeaver, and once it's added (via these program's FTP/WebDav
interface), sets it up correctly.

or

* Zope can use "structured-text", which is a way for non-HTML-designers
to make simple pages. They don't have to know anything about HTML to do
so. You can't design a complicated web page w/lots of formatting, images,
etc. w/structured text, but it's perfect for users to enter descriptions,
biographies, etc., while still getting to bold text, italicize text,
make lists, etc.

> Thank you!
>
> Jenny

You're welcome. Have a nice evaluation. Zope is very very sweet.

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>