[Zope] Using Zope

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung" <andreas@andreas-jung.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:51:31 -0500

> > I've been given the task of exploring the use of Zope for a department
that we support.  I have just been going through some of the manuals and
online documentation.  The creation of pages seems very basic and
understandable from my viewpoint.  However, the material I have found
doesn't seem to address the use of Zope by non-HTML/basic scripting literate
people (or at least how to develope a framework for non-web literate people
to use).  The department that we have in mind couldn't tell a <p> tag from
an <ol> tag.  They have only ever used a WYSIWYG interface.  My question is,
does anyone know where I can find information or a "tutorial" on how to
create a framework like this?  So that your average secretary can just
update the actual text of the page much like in a WYSIWYG editor fashion?
Or are we better suited by a different product?

A suitable solution might be to use Zope together with ZopePageTemplates
(see http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZPT1 for an introduction).
ZPT have the advantage that Zope specific stuff is "hidden" in additional
attributes inside the HTML tags and HTML editors usually don't care about
them
and non-technical people like layouters can work on the pages without
seeing the additional stuff. E.g. Adobe GoLive works pretty fine with Zope
and ZPT.

Andreas