[Zope] Advice on Zope course curriculum

Butch Landingin butchland@yahoo.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 12:06:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I've been offered the chance to formulate and teach a Zope course for
a Philippine-based OpenSource non-profit foundation so I've been
trying to come up with a course curriculum for it.

I've taken a look at some of the course outlines of the Zope courses being
offered (I've seen Kaivo's 2 courses and another one from Ronsnet(?)).
I haven't been able to access beehive's (for some reason, I can't access their
website)

Since I don't think I'll be competing with any of those companies anytime soon...
(I don't think any of those companies are in a rush to come here and to start
offering courses in the Philippines -- especially since an armed terrorist group
just kidnapped 3 americans and 17 other locals a few days ago):^(

... I was wondering if any of you who have been involved with giving (and those
taking, as well) those courses, to share with me your opinions, pointers, advice etc.

I've already formulated a draft course outline based on Michel's and Amos'es "Zope Book"
(which I intend to use as the main textbook) but I also like the format of the
Kaivo course...

It might be better for those interested in responding to just email me privately
as I would prefer take this offlist...

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Butch Landingin
butchland@yahoo.com

PS. There isn't a hidden zope-edu list out there that I'm not aware of, is there? ;^)