[Zope] Several domains and one Zope

zbir@urbanape.com zbir@urbanape.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:05:07 -0400

> Then when you got to a folder containing your site root you have to re-log
> on and you are now accessing your admin with the SiteRoot setting.  If for
> any reason you messed up your site root and don't know how to suppress it
> you could be in some trouble trying to even get to the manage of these
> sections.

Actually, you can get directly to it, if you know what you're doing, by
going to :

  http://123.123.123.123:8230/urbanape/SiteRoot/manage_main

and edit it directly. The re-auth comes about from trying to evaluate the
manage_workspace method ( I believe - I might be badly mistaken - but
this has worked for me in the past )

> VHM (virtual host monster) could easily help you to avoid any potential
> disasters like this and when you access, like you are indicating above you
> only have to log in once and you will be able to manage everything because
> VHM is dormant unless activated by the call from your APACHE.

Yeah, I've always wanted to get into using more Zope-specific products. I
wouldn't mind weening Apache out of the picture altogether, actually.

> Then when you need to create more VH (Virtual Hosts)  you just need to add
> the proper settings to Apache and not even worry about a SiteRoot settings.
>
> My opinion much cleaner, safer and easier

Will look into these products. I've meant to do so, anyway :)

$name="zachery bir";                       $email="zbir@urbanape.com";
$position="systems administrator";        $altposition="witch doctor";
$voice="804.353.3742";                 $web="http://www.urbanape.com";