[Zope] Best way to scale images from Zope besides PIL?

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:55:28 -0700

I'm building a web application that needs to create uniformly sized
thumbnails of uploaded pictures, and I have been trying now for a
very long time to get PIL working on my system without success with
no luck whatsoever.

Is there a better (or should I say working) method of having this
image manipulation functionality in Zope?

Unless you are willing to spell it out *explicitly* *please* don't
give me more advice on how to get PIL working, I give up. I've tried
at least ten different helpful suggestions (and tried reinstalling it
from scratch three times)..none of them have worked.. I'm currently
using the 2.24 binary release of Zope running on Debian Linux (potato)

Basically what I need to do is script an external application to
resize images using Zope as a control mechanism. The images don't
have to reside within Zope (in fact, it is better if they don't..)

Thanks..

-Chris