[Zope] Best way to scale images from Zope besides PIL?

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:17:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Chris Beaumont wrote:

> I'm building a web application that needs to create uniformly sized
> thumbnails of uploaded pictures, and I have been trying now for a
> very long time to get PIL working on my system without success with
> no luck whatsoever.
>
> Is there a better (or should I say working) method of having this
> image manipulation functionality in Zope?
>
> Unless you are willing to spell it out *explicitly* *please* don't
> give me more advice on how to get PIL working, I give up. I've tried
> at least ten different helpful suggestions (and tried reinstalling it
> from scratch three times)..none of them have worked.. I'm currently
> using the 2.24 binary release of Zope running on Debian Linux (potato)

I'm sorry, but if you don't give us enough details about the problem you
encounter, then how can we help you ?

I've got some code which takes images from the ZODB using PIL and puts
them in a PDF document using ReportLab modifying their size (in RL, not
PIL, but this shouldn't be difficult). If this can help then I can send it
to you.

Otherwise I suggest you try to report the exact error message(s) you've
got or the exact problem(s) you encounter, in order for us to be able to
help.

bye,

Jerome Alet