DTML Highlighting Editors (WAS: Re: [Zope] dtml vs vim)

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:56:42 -0400

Try Homesite 4.5.2 ..... You will be hooked!

I just keep the ZMI open to create new things or cut/copy/paste but other
than that Homesite works great. I created custom toolbars for often used
'parts'. Also use 'snippets' or larger blocks of code that can be dropped in
anywhere. A start block of code and an end block and the cursor is left in
the middle for more code entry. Multiple files open and unlimited UNDO all
the way back to when you opened the file! A real life saver... AND, search
and replace over multiple files. Spell check, etc... Very full coverage.

And the greatest thing...Edit in one panel, hit F12 or click the browse tab
and the URL resolves to your Zope site and displays it inside Homesite! F12
and you toggle right back to edit. Works for DTML and ZSQL methods, too.

Makes editing Zope files a real pleasure.

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas B. Passin [mailto:tpassin@mitretek.org]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 9:21 AM
To: Zope List
Subject: Re: DTML Highlighting Editors (WAS: Re: [Zope] dtml vs vim)

[Tommy Johnson]

> > I usually use Edit+ at
> >
> > http://www.editplus.com
> >

> I'll have to check that one out. I don't have the ability to FTP within
> ColdFusion studio, and it's a pain to switch to WS_FTP everytime I want to
> update an object in the database.

Although I recommended Edit+, I'm able to FTP from CF Studio 3.0 to Zope -
you ought to be able to do it too.  But Studio gets confused by dtml markup
(at least my old version does).  Also Studio takes HUGE amounts of Windows
resources (not memory but "resources"), much more than Edit+.  On
Windows95/98/Me that can be really serious because you don't always get them
back and you don't have a large reserve to begin with.

Cheers,

Tom P