[Zope] newbie: superuser authen failure.. working now

Nicole Lallande nicole@nmlconsulting.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:35:11 -0700

Greetings all,

Thought I would put the fix into the mailing archive for future use.
After successfully installing zope and zope server from Jeff Rush's rpm
files - http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/ I ran into a problem
getting authenticated with the default username and password.  I used
zpasswd.py to change the password file:

> python zpasswd.py -u superuser -p 123 -d localhost

then restarted the server with no avail.  Jerry then responded to my
email and inspired me - what if the problem was that instead of
'localhost' my server was trying to authenticate against the name I have
given my server - so - I went back and changed the access file and
changed the domain name to my machine name so:

> python zpasswd.py -u superuser -p 123 -d mango

that did it!

Best regards,

Nicole

--