[Zope] PDF documents in CMF (1.0)

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:53:13 -0700

I haven't found the root problem, but I discovered that if the object name
ends in .pdf everything works as desired. I traced the headers generated by
CMF and the MIME type is set correctly, but the browser seems to want to see
the .pdf extension. CMF gives the download the same name as the object id
(not the original client-side file-name), so changing the object name to
something.pdf seems to satisfy the browser.

I agree, this shouldn't be necessary. I'm copying this email to the CMF
list, in hopes someone there knows more about the issue.

-- Loren