[Zope] Web mail system: Worldpilot, GUM or... recommendations?

Felipe E. Barousse Boue fbarousse@piensa.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:46:55 -0500

--------------B43773E108D04417068800C9

We are currently looking for a Web mail agent, either using something already available on the net or, maybe developing our own. We do not really want to reinvent the wheel.

Worldpilot was examined as a good alternative, having exactly the features we currently need, working on the platform of choice (Zope) but, it looks like the latest stable release is for Zope 2.1.x
actually all of our sites now run  2.3.3.  Even tough Worldpilot installs on Zope 2.3.3, it does have some problems here and there. Has anyone fixed them? Sourceforge pages of WP seem to be
abandoned...no response to patches or requests.

If anyone can provide comments as of Worldpilot's status running on newer (or latest) version of Zope, it'd be great.   Also, comments regarding a project named GUM are welcome. Additional uggestions
of other products for the same purpose will be good to have as well.

Thanks in advance

Felipe Barousse

--------------B43773E108D04417068800C9

begin:vcard
n:Barousse Boue;Felipe E.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Bufete Consultor de Mexico;Piensa Technology
version:2.1
email;internet:fbarousse@piensa.com
title:CEO - Director General
note;quoted-printable:Mailing address:=0D=0AAp. Cap Polanco # 336=0D=0AMexico City, DF. 11550=0D=0AMexico
x-mozilla-cpt:;28288
fn:Felipe E. Barousse Boue
end:vcard

--------------B43773E108D04417068800C9--