[Zope] Perl daemon to restart hung Zope on RedHat

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:27:34 +0200

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 03:07:44PM -0500, Dunigan, Craig wrote:

> > It ressembles something I've written last year:
> >
> > http://www.zope.org/Members/jerome_alet/IsDaZope
> >
> I actually looked at IsDaZope, and I only went ahead with my own because I
> already knew how to 'daemonize' a Perl script, and I was under the
> impression that IsDaZope needed an attached console to run on.  Let me know
> if I'm wrong, because I'd rather run yours, it seems much more fully
> developed than mine!

I don't use it since Zope 2.1.6, because I've not experienced any hang
since this date. However I've just looked at the code and I can't
see anything which would prevent it from being run in the background:

	isdazope.py [options] &

I don't know how to really daemonize it, though.

bye,

Jerome Alet