[Zope] Perl daemon to restart hung Zope on RedHat

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:40:23 -0500

> I don't use it since Zope 2.1.6, because I've not experienced any hang
> since this date. However I've just looked at the code and I can't
> see anything which would prevent it from being run in the background:
>
> 	isdazope.py [options] &
>
> I don't know how to really daemonize it, though.
>
> bye,
>
> Jerome Alet

As I'm sure you know, but for the benefit of others who might not,
backgrounding it still needs an open console to run, and that is what I
wanted to avoid.  Oh well, maybe someone who knows about making a Python
daemon could step in at this point and save us?

Craig