[Zope] Z SQL Method multiple column update

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 21:08:02 +0100 (CET)

Donald Braman writes:
 > I'm setting up a data entry/data update form for legal cases. Each case has
 > a few documents associated with it. The person entering data enters the
 > number of documents, a script creates necessary records, then presents them
 > with a screen that should look a bit like this, with every datum being
 > updateable:
 >
 >  doc |title           |source      | pages   | ...
 > +----+----------------+------------+---------+
 > | 01 |title of doc 1  |doc1 source | # of pgs| ...
 > +----+----------------+------------+---------+
 > | 02 |title of doc 2  |doc2 source | # of pgs| ...
 > +----+----------------+------------+---------+
 > | 03 |title of doc 3  |doc3 source | # of pgs| ...
 > +----+----------------+------------+---------+
 > ....etc.
 >
 > This is so they can enter data about many documents on a single screen. I'm
 > not sure how to bind multiple rows/records to a single Z SQL Method. Any
 > suggestions?
The magic lies in the ":records" form variable suffix.

You can look at the ZPublisher section in

  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

to find out more.

Alternatively, there is a HowTo on FormVariable suffixes on Zope.org.

Finally, a search in the (searchable) list archive will
show you various posts about this question (very recently).

Dieter