[Zope] (no subject)

Patrick patrick@eahd.or.ug
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 18:45:15 +0300 (EAT)

Hi,
 I am Patrick and I'm running zope on FreeBsd. What I now want to do is
create a sort of database whereby users can login onto a central page and
then see pages with info that has been categorised such that one has a
choice from a number of topics much like the general login manager on
www.zope.org that takes users to their member pages.
  I have thought of using zcatalogues and folders with a topic string
property so that a page just loads info from a particular folder. However,
I am a zope newbie and though I have read the zope book but have no real
idea on how I can go about with this.
   So, I was hoping that you could get me some ideas on the basic plan for
the site, or an explanation on how it's done on zope.org for example or
both as in:
     1- what are my best options for the database itself (like a unix
        password file, other file with info, personal acl folders etc
     2- how would I catrgorize my content and then have it displayed on
        the screen say like the adverts on yahoo that keep refreshing
        themselves on a small bar-like area of the screen.
     3- how would I make sure that the user sees only what (s)he wants

... in short, how do I get started?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Patrick.