[Zope] newbie

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:09:51 -0600

Welcome to Zope, Dennis.  I trust you will find it both exciting and
frustrating.
You can adjust your superuser name and password with the zpasswd.py script.
Restart Zope and login with the chosen username and password.

zope@jesterdev:~/zope$ python zpasswd.py access
Username: superuser
Password:
Verify password:

Please choose a format from:

SHA - SHA-1 hashed password
CRYPT - UNIX-style crpyt password
CLEARTEXT - no protection.

Encoding: SHA
Domain restrictions: williams.com
zope@jesterdev:~/zope$ ./stop
zope@jesterdev:~/zope$ ./start
zope@jesterdev:~/zope$

Your next hurdle will be the infamous 'Superuser cannot own' error message.
Once you have logged in, go to the acl_users folder and add a normal user
with the *MANAGER* role.  Next, close all copies of your browser.  Finally
open up your manage screens, logged in as your new user with the MANAGER
role and the world is your oyster.

Troy