[Zope] More ZClass oddities

John Morton John Morton <jwm@plain.co.nz>
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:36:28 +1200 (NZST)

I'm experiencing a few problems with some ZClasses and catalogs under
2.2.5 - they look like bugs, but they could be a result of a clue shortage
on my part.=20

The first one relates to a ZClass that uses Object manager as a base
class. When instances are created, a ZCatalog is automatically added
(cusiously, I don't need to specify that ZCatalogs can be subobjects for
this to occur). As I'm in the development stages, I let Z Seach Interfaces
be subobjects of my ZClass but when it comes to adding a serach interface
instance, the automatically created catalog isn't listed as a searchable
object - and nor is any other catalog I add.

The second problem relates to ZClasses created as a subobject of another
ZClass. This means that those items can only be created inside an instance
of the parent class (the desired effect), but it also seems to mean that
those object types don't show up in the type list of the 'Find Items To
Catalog' tab in the catalog in the same folder.=20

So... Bugs? Or is there something I don't know?

John