[Zope] ZMySQL Database connection trouble

ghaley@mail.venaca.com ghaley@mail.venaca.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:51:33 -0500 (EST)

hi,

I am trying to add a ZMySQL database connection.  Everything seems to go
ok, but when I try to view the Products Management, it shows the ZMySQL as
a broken product, when I view it, there is an error that says:

ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/site-package/MySQLmodule.so:  undefined
symbol: uncompress

If I try to go the the /opt/zope/lib ,etc. directory and start the db.py
connection directly, python db.py, i get the same error.

If someone could provide some direction on how to recompile the .so file
so that it can handle the uncompress problem, I would be most grateful.

btw, i've read the various howtos on the zope.org site, and i didn't find
this particular problem there.

I am running MySQL 3.23, the most recent release of zope, on linux 2.2
running slackware 7.0

Many thanks.

ciao!
greg.