SV: [Zope] PHP as a scripting language for Zope

Geir Bækholt geirh@funcom.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:53:37 +0200

I have to agree that adding internal support for more languages
beside perl and python would dilute the common effort that brings us
forward.

What would be really useful , though , would be for someone
knowledgeable to write a howto on how to connect to php from
external methods.
That way one could use the business logic from PHP-scripts (one
might have something lying around) and leverage them through the
Zope framework.
As PHP is runnable from commandline, i cannot see why this should
not be possible..

--
Geir Bækholt
geirh@funcom.com

>Well I am making this really complex mediastreaming system, and
thought
>that Zope could help me with my problems about user privileges. So
>thought:
>I'll make the application in PHP and then I just run the scripts
through
>Zope. Then my application will be very strong, and I won't have to
make
>my own apllication for handling users.
>Guess I was very very wrong.
>
>I has taken me all day to set up Zope with MySQL and it is still
not
>working.
>Then I tried to run some PHP scripts in Zope - but no. That isn't
>possible.
>
>Maybe it takes some time to add PHP scripts to python. But then
Zope