[Zope] PHP as a scripting language for Zope

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:34:47 -0300

"Farrell, Troy" wrote:
> IMO, zope needs more clean up before it gets more features.

I fully agree with you, Troy. I gave up using Director for multimedia
development many years ago because Macromedia always kept adding
features while ignoring serious bugs like memory leaks and other sources
of instability and idiosyncratic behavior.

Zope is already very powerful and pretty stable, so it really could use
some clean up to make it easier to grok and extend, and more "packaging"
(UI improvements, fancy demos, better docs etc.). But those of us who
have been using Zope since its release in 98 know that DC has done a
great job in those areas, especially with version 2.3 and the Zope Book.

Best regards,

Luciano