[Zope] tino's <dtml-in> improvements Why, DC?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:32:21 -0500

Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> >
> > Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> > > You forget about these ugly hypenations :)
> >
> > I think we are not communicating. I assume that the names introduced
> > via prefixes are constructed with underscores, not hyphens, so the
> > use of prefixed names solves the hyphenation problem. Right?
>
> Thats not the case. The Prefix is the prefix, both for hypenation
> and for underscore. It only substitutes the word "sequence".
>
> > Prefix-introduced names don't cause namespace pollution because they are
> > under the control of the script author, who knows what names she is using.
>
> Unfortunately not. The hypenation occours many times in a variable name
> depending on the attribute in question.

OK, then what we'll do is implement prefix so that it only generates names
with underscores. That way, it wall address the hyphenation problem.
We will discourage use of the in tag (and all other tags that generate
variables) without a prefix attribute.

Jim