[Zope] [OT] subject headings/clarification

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:04:44 -0700 (PDT)

On 9 May 2001, Simon Michael wrote:

> Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com> writes:
> > We had this debate about ten years ago (internet time).  The result
> > of that debate is obvious.  Let's let dead dogs lie.
>
> Hi Michel,
>
> oops - wasn't aware this was a dog. (I might have forgotten).
> Naturally until I see a good counter-argument from someone I'll
> continue to think the current setup is broken.*

Of course.

> It looks as if you want to squelch this thread, but it would have been
> nice to discuss this a little longer. We might have found out more
> about what the current consensus is (we had 2 for & 2 against); why
> people find it useful; who's decision it is one way or another; etc.

I didn't want to squelch it, I was just giving you my opinion.  You and
everyone else are welcome to continue to discuss it and you don't need my
consent or permission to do so.

> >From time to time I see discussions around here which seem well within
> bounds of reasonable tone and topic, and which interest at least some
> of the list membership, which "DC" seems to feel it must stamp on.
>
> So I'll take the opportunity to ask: does DC officially frown on eg
> threads like this one ?

Not at all.  Absolutely nothing that I say on this list is the opinion of
Digital Creations.

-Michel