[Zope] Where are user created help files stored?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:15:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Jason Cunliffe wrote:

> Zope2.3.2
> Win98se/Redhat6.2
>
> I am upgrading the READMEs for a simple Zope Product.
> I clicked through the ZMI /Control_Panel/Products/ to add some help files.
> Very nice :-) An example where TTW simple editing really makes sense.
>
> I added two help pages for: 'install' and 'use' easily called like this:
> http://jasonic/Control_Panel/Products/BSDObject/Help/use
>
> Then I uploaded my Product folder to remote Linux setup.
> Works fine but my help files are not there :/

Creating help topics through the web is really only meant for associating
them with ZClasses (you know, the little 'help' pull down box next to
ZClass views)

> The principle seems obvious to me -help files belong in each Products own
> folder.

Yep.

> Where are the help files kept?

In a directory in your product named 'help'.  .html, .txt, and .stx files
can be created there, as well as any images you want.  Help topics are
associated with object views in your objects 'manage_options'.  See just
about any core Zope product for an example.

> Various searches show lots of other help folders but not for my product.
> Am I doing something wrong or is the workflow for this not yet well
> developed?

http://www.zope.org/DocProjects/zope_product

-Michel