[Zope] ZServer Must Be Continually Re-Started

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 21:23:35 -0400

Ben Ocean wrote:

> At 08:21 PM 5/10/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >I can try to help, but I'm not sure where to start.
> >
> >First of all, when you say ZServer quits on you, do you mean that Zope
> >stops running?  Is there an error?
>
> HTTP 404

Do you mean to say that every time Zope tries to serve a page that
doesn't exist that ZServer stops running?

> >Do you have debug logging turned on?  (ie. do you have the
> >STUPID_LOG_FILE environment variable set up)?  If so, is there anything
> >in the log?
>
> No, I don't have it turned on. How do I do this? I just searched zope.org
> for the above and found next to nothing, and nothing useful.

http://www.google.com/search?q=STUPID_LOG_FILE

basically, set an environment variable named STUPID_LOG_FILE to the name
of the file where you'd like debug info to go.

On UNIX, add the following to your Zope's "start" file:

export STUPID_LOG_FILE=var/debug.log

A file will be created in the var directory of that Zope instance when
Zope is run named "debug.log".  It will collect messages related to Zope
operation.  Some will be meaningful, some less so.  ;-)

- C