[Zope] Zope problems with IE5

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Wed, 16 May 2001 17:47:21 +0100

Lots of people seem to have recently reported a problem with IE5 and the
ZMI, where whatever you click on in the lefthand frame, it gives you the
"View" version of the object in the righthand frame. Well I'd never had that
problem, but today I did, so here's what caused it... might be unique to me,
but might be what has caused the problem for a few people?

Check under Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab - mine usually has
"Never dial a connection" selected. For some reason IE had gone and set
itself to "Always dial my default connection"! once I set it back to "Never
dial..." the ZMI worked fine again! It could be that when people have been
told to update IE, it has reset this option, and that's why updating has
worked??

Hope that helps someone! :-)

Cheers, Jon