[Zope] Z SQL method results from a python script

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:56:52 -0400

[<daniel.a.fulton@delphiauto.com>]

> I want to use this method in a python script but can't for the life of me
get it
> to return the entire result set.
>
> Python script:
>
>            results = context.employ_data(month=month, year=year)
>
>            for result in results:
>                         return result.sum_hour, result.sum_total,
> result.division
>
> This returns only one record -- the first record in the result set.   I
need the
> entire result set.

The "return" statement causes the function to end and return the result.  So
you only get the first row.  You should build the results into a list, then
return the list.

    rows=[]
    for result in results:
        rows.append( (result.sum_hour, result.sum_total))
    return rows

Each row is now a tuple containing the hour and sum.

Cheers,

Tom P