[Zope] zopelogo nerves

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@the-bridge.net
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:42:09 -0500

If you are on a Windows platform use IE, if you don't want IE, use Opera 5.x
both support png format and are compliant with CSS and the W3C standards.
Linux users can use Opera, I have not tested it on Linux, however if it
works like it does on Windows, you're golden.  If you use Netscape because
of some deep seeded hatred for IE/Microsoft/Bill Gates or are just unwilling
to change, well then suffer.  Not using superior tools when you can is your
fault.

To users of UNIX on platforms such as Sun, SGI, etc.: Netscape is still part
of the "browser wars" because of you!  Put pressure on these people to
pressure Netscape into adding support for the latest technologies.  The HTML
4 spec is 4 years old!  How long has CSS1 and png been around?  I feel for
you, I really do.  My guess is that most of you would change if you could.
My big problem is that somewhere a line has to be drawn between specs, ease
of development and who can see your stuff or how they can see it at least.

I hope that I did not offend anyone, it was not my intention.

--
Jeffrey D. Peterson
Webmaster/Web & Web Applications Engineer