[Zope] zopelogo nerves

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 13:20:46 -0400

> From: "Jeff Peterson" <jpeterso@the-bridge.net>
>
> If you are on a Windows platform use IE, if you don't want IE, use Opera 5.x
> both support png format and are compliant with CSS and the W3C standards.

Opera 5 (at least, the mac version I have) doesn't support browser file
uploads, therefore it's useless for managing zope.  Also, it doesn't support
plugins (like flash, etc.).  While it's faster than the other browsers, it's
not much faster than NS 4.77 or IE5, and I suspect that once they put in a
full feature set, it'll bog down.

> Linux users can use Opera, I have not tested it on Linux, however if it
> works like it does on Windows, you're golden.  If you use Netscape because
> of some deep seeded hatred for IE/Microsoft/Bill Gates or are just unwilling
> to change, well then suffer.  Not using superior tools when you can is your
> fault.

IE5 on the PC also has problems rendering transparent PNGs.

PNG support just isn't that great in general unfortunately.  Because PNG24
is great, you get transparency the way it SHOULD look.

just MY $0.002