[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 1.0pre2

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 15:40:34 +0200

Some little bug reports.

Got some errors yesterday on my homecomputer hence no tracebacks

If you ls a folder where there's broken products the
bobobase_modification_time() of the object raises an error.
I fixed it by something like this:
try:
  bbb_mod_time = str(obj.bobobase_modification_time())
except:
  bbb_mod_time = 'no date on broken ones'

The view command doesn't take into consideration to use the pwd you're
having.
This works:
cd /
view object_html

This does NOT work:
cd /deep/folder
view someobject_html

Both commands try to display pages like this:
http://localhost:8080/object_html
http://localhost:8080/someobject_html

Design issue:

The date as it is printed is to me a bit too long and takes up too much
space. I suggest a formatting string like this:
(would that suit the jankees?)

I tried the pre1 quickly at home and changed to code to fix the broken
object problem. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I saw the words: self.PATH_INFO
there.
Never use that. Use absolute_url() or the URLx and BASEx environment
variables. They take SiteAccess roots into consideration.

Cheers,
Peter