[Zope] RE: CMF Newbie Presentation and Viewlet Info

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:07:12 +0000

Of course it depends on the audience you're trying to reach etc, but
FWIW, I nearly gave up trying to view it for the same reasons
(mozilla).  I'm really not a fan of java applets anyway..for example,
it also didn't work on my colleague's win32/ie5.5 machine for some
reason.  I got it working on my linux / netscape but it was quite
clunky and slow, and it took me a while to realise it was doing a
'live' demonstration.  I'd clicked quite a few buttons in confusion
before I got it.

I'm not sure about the alternatives, though personally i'd say flash
is a massive improvement over java.  I'd also rather see mpegs, dhtml,
or even a straight html slideshow than java.  However, these things
are fairly subjective, I think.

Having said all this, I think the principle is a really good one, and
something like this would be brilliant for demoing the CMF, so keep up
the good work.

seb

* Stephan Goeldi <stephan_goeldi@hotmail.com> [011101 16:14]: