[Zope] RE: CMF Newbie Presentation and Viewlet Info

Stephan Göldi Stephan Göldi
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:36:03 +0100

> I got it working on my linux / netscape but it was quite
> clunky and slow, and it took me a while to realise it was doing a
> 'live' demonstration.  I'd clicked quite a few buttons in confusion
> before I got it.

This is probably because I created it too large and slow.
I will redo it in 800x600 resolution with faster change of the slides.

> I'm not sure about the alternatives, though personally i'd say flash
> is a massive improvement over java.

For the client, yes. But the creation of Flash is too complicated if
compared to these viewlets.

>I'd also rather see mpegs

of about 80MB?

> or even a straight html slideshow than java.

Yes, perhaps that would be the only really usable solution.
But hard to demonstrate